Aquainvad-ED will help meet the EU vision on management and control of AIS by:
- developing, optimising and trialling novel methods for the early detection of selected freshwater and marine AIS,
- identifying those ecological and demographic factors that determine AIS establishment and expansion,
- recommending novel procedures for AIS control applicable to natural and managed aquatic systems (e.g. rivers, estuaries, artificial reservoirs),
- integrating information on location, dispersal and control measures into management plans in order to prevent further AIS introduction and dispersal in Europe (e.g. Code of Best Practice), and
- raising public awareness about routes of introduction and pathways of dispersal, as well as about the socio-economic impacts caused by AIS.